New MoI Interface Builder App (Mac and PC)
All  1-5  6-10

Previous
Next
Hello Chip,
Fantastic work, with your app i will feel confident in changing Moi UI for my taste.
Looking for to try it out.
Will it allowed change Moi icons? Sometime ago an Moi user draw new icons which were very pro, simple and quite cool. I think he didn't finish it, yet, which is a pity.
Maybe Moi users will share they own UI and making working with Moi even more fun.
Greetings
Carlos
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7237.7 In reply to 7237.6 
Hi Carlos,

I already have a tool I built which can colorize icons. I'll share it when I get back to my computer.

I could see where I could build an automated multi-color icon creation tool. The idea is someone would create 2 different 64x64px PNGs to represent a single icon. Each PNG would be a solid color with a transparency and when overlaid on top of each other, they represent a finished icon. Then the user could apply their own custom colors to each PNG "layer." This could be adapted to 3-layer icons as well. The user could apply the color scheme to a single icon, or to the whole group of application icons at once.

The challenge is in generating the original icon artwork. It might be interesting to ask that user you refer to if he would share his icon set. It would make this process much faster.

The answer to your question is-- it depends on several factors.

1. Whether or not people like and use this tool.
2. How Michael feels about third party customization tools. I know he's said he'd like to create the same functionality from within MoI. I certainly do not want to step on any toes.
3. How many icons I'd have to personally design. Takes time!
4. If this functionality has a reasonable shelf life.

I'm currently spending the next month coding an iPhone/Android app and will be pretty busy. Still, I love MoI and enjoy working on projects like this!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Chipp,
Thanks for responding.
The user i mention is Samuel Zeller and his post is from Fev 2014.
His UI redesign is quite slick and the icons are simple and effective. A few users jump in and ask if he would share that UI.
Anyway, you made a fine job, and is good news for those who are affraid of messing with Moi css.
Take your time, finish it at your will, and i will be in line to use it : ) as it is right now, even without the icons swap.
Thanks again for your work.
Cheers
Carlos
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7237.9 In reply to 7237.1 
Cool work Chipp!! Should be really fun for UI experiments!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next Update:

I've added just about all the CSS. Still have problems locating a couple things (other thread started to figure that out).
You can now save and load settings. Sorry, you won't be able to just *load* a moi.css file and parse it, but you CAN save your changes and load them later for tweaking. There's now a prefs file which currently only stores the moi.css directory.

I need to do a bit of tweaking to get it to be PC compatible, but I should be able to release something by tomorrow evening.

Here's what I've got so far:

UPDATE: Fixed the last two remaining issues (I'm sure there will be others once testing starts).

Here's a clown pass to check to make sure all is working correctly. First the app:

And here's how it looks in MoI:

EDITED: 8 Feb 2015 by CHIPPWALTERS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-10