MOI is Blocked
All  1-8  9-15

Previous
Next
723.9 In reply to 723.8 
Hi Michael:

One finishes question:

Why only with an user this event does happen and other not?

Will the validation code be a correspondent in a package and since time is the license?

Print is include in V-1?

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
723.10 In reply to 723.9 
Hi Juan,

> Why only with an user this event does happen and other not?

You mean the script error? It appears to be caused by an error in the installation of IE7. Some settings in the system registry are not correct and interfere with MoI's operation.

That's why using that Reset button, or uninstalling IE7 should normally solve it.

Are you still seeing that error with IE7 uninstalled?

I'm not sure what the exact registry configuration problem is though, if I knew it I could probably fix it up automatically.

My guess is that it may be related to some bad interaction with your virus checker during the IE7 install.

> Will the validation code be a correspondent in a package and since time is the license?

I haven't quite figured out yet how the license key stuff will work. You will probably get some kind of code e-mailed to you.

> Print is include in V-1?

No, I'm sorry printing will not be included in version 1.0, you will currently have to use some other CAD software to handle printing. Rhino works well for this since you can easily exchange models between MoI and Rhino.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
723.11 In reply to 723.10 
In some 5 years I am sure I have never had a problem that can be blamed on IE. ---any version!

I find it odd that these complaints abot IE exist. I am sure the real problems can be traced back to other than IE itself.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
723.12 In reply to 723.11 
Hi Brian,

> In some 5 years I am sure I have never had a problem that can be blamed on IE. ---any version!

I'm sure that's correct, but I doubt that the other software you have used in the past 5 years integrates with IE in quite the same manner that MoI does. One bad side effect of this integration is that it makes MoI more vulnerable than other programs to some kinds of installation or configuration glitches in IE.

The few people who have previously ran across that problem have been able to fix it either by using the new IE7 "Reset" button that I described earlier, or in one case by uninstalling IE7 and going back to IE6.

That has pretty well narrowed it down to some kind of configuration problem in the IE7 installation...

Unfortunately it's a bit tough to figure out exactly what specific thing is messed up in the registry to cause this to happen. I'll poke around a bit more and see if I can find anything.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
723.13 In reply to 723.12 
Ok, after poking around I did find one particular entry in the system registry for IE that if missing or mangled somehow could prevent the parts of IE that MoI uses from working properly.

I was able to tweak things to prevent this from happening, so hopefully this should be solved in the next beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
723.14 In reply to 723.1 
Hi Juan,
Moi under blockade or windows ???
BestReg`s EDDI

EDITED: 8 Jul 2007 by EDDI

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
723.15 In reply to 723.13 
I have been reading a Dreamweaver manual where it has a setting to get your works analysed for compliance to all the different browsers.

How many DECADES to get a basic universal system? What's happening with Collada etc?

Brian, they say, -----wishful thinking!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-15