Nudge + Set position

Next
Hey again fellas
Got a couple of questions:

1. I think I saw someone in a tutorial "nudge" a curve / controlpoints / surface with what I believe was the arrow-keys on the keyboard. Is there something I need to activate to do this or did I just dream up the whole thing? :)

2. In Modo you can select vertices / controlpoints and use a command called "Set position" which straighens them all up to which ever axis you choose. Is there a similar command in MoI?

(By the way - Im totally new to Moi and I realize Im kind of spamming the forums with alot of newbie questions. Are you guys allright with this or do you prefer me bunching them all up in one longer post?)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7226.2 In reply to 7226.1 
Hi blindfoldjump,

> 1. I think I saw someone in a tutorial "nudge" a curve / controlpoints / surface with what I
> believe was the arrow-keys on the keyboard. Is there something I need to activate to do
> this or did I just dream up the whole thing? :)

You can get that set up by installing a plug-in script, check out here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#Nudge

> 2. In Modo you can select vertices / controlpoints and use a command called "Set position"
> which straighens them all up to which ever axis you choose. Is there a similar
> command in MoI?

In MoI use the Transform > Align tool to line up control points along a vertical or horizontal line in the given viewport's grid.

Or also sometimes it's easiest to use "flat snap" to do it, as shown here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3378.4

> Are you guys allright with this or do you prefer me bunching them all up in one longer post?

The way you're doing it is fine, I think it's actually a little more convenient to answer things in a few different chunks rather than one really big message. But you can do it that way too if you want to.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7226.3 In reply to 7226.2 
Thanks Michael, that cleared up everything. Flat snap - very handy!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7226.4 In reply to 7226.3 
One followup question on the Nudge:

I felt that the Nudge was quite alot to big so added the "small" to the command line.
However I still feel its a too big jump, is it possible to change the command line to even smaller nudge? I would like it to be 1/10.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7226.5 In reply to 7226.4 
Hi blindfoldjump, which specific nudge script did you end up using? There are a couple of different ones.

The initial one should be already doing a 1/10 unit nudge for the "small" variant I think. If yours is behaving differently than that could you maybe post the particular Nudge script you are using here so I can take a look?

The nudge amounts will be in the Nudge.js file, and if you want to change the behavior you could edit the script in a text editor to get whatever distances you would specifically like.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7226.6 In reply to 7226.5 
Heya

I tried both of them which were in the url you linked to. They seemed to nudge the same distance.
Im gonna try to edit the .js file and see if I can get that to work.

Cheers!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All