1280by800 tablets... Toshiba Encore 2 Write... Would MoI work?

Next
I am wondering how beefy I'd want a tablet to run MoI happily. There's beefy 64bit with 4GB ram and 1920 by 1080 resolution, like HP Elitepad G2. Then there's 32bit with Wacom technology with 2GB ram and 1280 by 800 resolution, like Toshiba Encore Write 2. Both run Baytrail series processors and Windows 8. (The Wacom technology has 2048 pressure sensitivity, though the Baytrail processor within is more limited in performance.) The HP comes in a 10" version, while the Toshiba comes in an 8" and 10" version.

I'd get the HP Elitepad, yet the price is literally double this Toshiba Encore 2 Write. I'm also positive that Wacom input will be far more accurate input than typical tablet screens.

So, what will work for MoI? Will either work for MoI?

Thank you for reading.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7221.2 In reply to 7221.1 
While I don't have an answer for you, I recently had a chance to play with the Toshiba 8" tablet and it was a very sweet experience. My friend had SketchUp on it and it seemed to perform well-- and the price is really good.

I would assume MoI would run fine-- as I recall, the interface was specifically designed to be tablet friendly.

Let us know what you decide on and how it works!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7221.3 In reply to 7221.1 
Hi southpaw, MoI does not really need particularly beefy hardware and so should be fine on either one of those.

It would be a lot more "future proof" if it was a 64-bit system though rather than a 32-bit system.

It looks like the CPU for the Toshiba Encore Write 2 is 64-bit capable, does it maybe come with 32-bit windows installed on it to somewhat streamline memory consumption or something like that?

It would not really make any difference for the current version of MoI, but it's possible that in the future at some point MoI could become a 64-bit only program and would not be able to run on 32-bit systems anymore.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All