mac start up issue

Next
Hey all,

I've been exploring the joys of v3 today. I just tried launching it again and it just won't launch. I rebooting my MBP. I can launch Moi v2.52. I've tried Control click and selected Open. Still no luck.

MAcbook Pro./ OS X 10.9.5

Thanks!
Alan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.2 In reply to 7185.1 
Hi Alan,

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work after rebooting. I'm also using MoI 3 under OS X 10.9.5.

I have seen MoI refuse to start if I've run it before and quit. It's not consistent, but it looks like it's something to do with Wineserver locking up. I don't see any useful errors in the console log, but I can always cure it by force-quitting Wineserver and (usually) two Wine processes using the Process Viewer. Then you can successfully kill the stalled MoI process. After taking those steps, it will always re-launch for me successfully.

Good Luck,
___Samuel___
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.3 In reply to 7185.1 
Hi Alan, usually a reboot should get you with a clean starting point and would normally also solve any stray running processes that are potentially gumming things up.

I guess try another reboot and try running MoI v3 first hand then without trying to run v2.52 first maybe.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.4 In reply to 7185.1 
Hello! I downloaded the V3 trial to test on a Mac Mini with OSX 10.10 and am also seeing this issue that the program will not start... but if I end the wineskin processes I can get it to run again. I've been looking for a nice 3D design tool to use in a junior high school lab of Macs and am hoping this is the one, but this issue is a killer for that.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.5 In reply to 7185.4 
Hi Ryan, unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out what causes that startup problem yet. If you reboot the machine does it seem to behave better after the reboot or not?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.6 In reply to 7185.5 
Thanks for the reply! I've tried to isolate a reproducible problem and think I've found it. Whenever I minimize the program, my mac desktop / finder crashes and sends me to the login screen. When I log back in, the program won't run until I kill the wineskin processes. A full reboot also allows the program to run until I attempt to minimize it again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7185.7 In reply to 7185.6 
Hi Ryan, do you possibly see any different behavior if you change the operating system setting as described here? :
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6866.2

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7185.8 In reply to 7185.7 
Michael,

I do have a three-monitor setup using HDMI, DisplayPort and StarTech USB32DVIPRO. I turned off the separate spaces feature on OSX and rebooted my machine. The issue persisted when I attempted to minimize the MOI application. Thanks for the followup again!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All