anyone could help me with a spoon?
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
Thanks to both,
are you developing this software to a precise NRBS tool or an inspiration tool to help artist and IDer to faciliate quick concept?

jw
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
718.5 In reply to 718.4 
Hi Jack - well, it kind of covers both of those areas.

The overall intent is very much to make things quick and easy for artists and industrial designers like you mention.

But precision functionality is also needed for drawing mechanical or semi-mechanical things quickly. For example really good snapping capabilities help with drawing many types of mechanical shapes quickly.

So there is plenty of precision and accuracy stuff built in as well.

But the overall focus is on drawing things quickly in a kind of more freeform unrestricted way. This is a much different focus than some other NURBS-based software like SolidWorks or Pro/E, those kinds of "parametric solids modelers". Those types are less focused on freeform drawing and more focused on manufacturing with families of parts, etc... MoI is not meant to be a replacement for this type of a thing.

NURBS models that you build in MoI are fully precise models though, you can share them with other manufacturing software downstream.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not... Let me know if you need more details.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5