OSX Redraw issues
All  1-4  5-8

Previous
Next
7160.5 In reply to 7160.1 
It sort of looks like problems with the video card.

Is it possible your machine is getting overheated? Do you have some room around where it vents out or is it possible the vents have some dust in them? That may be something to look at.

Another thing you might try is to go to Options > General and push the "Edit .ini file" button. Then when TextEdit pops up, find the line that has DisplayThreadLimit= in it and set it to:

DisplayThreadLimit=1

Save that out and then restart MoI, does that make any difference?

The dropouts you show are kind of weird in that they do not look like they're connected to specific MoI objects, maybe something going wrong at some other composition level or something strange like that.

If they only start happening after you've been using the machine with heavier scenes for a little while I would definitely look at whether you're running into overheating. That's probably my best guess at the moment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7160.6 In reply to 7160.4 
> it seems now its even enough to just move the mouse...

The screen is redrawing a lot when you move the mouse around because of the selection highlight function, where the object under your mouse gets a pre-selection highlight on it so you can know what will be targeted for selection when you click down.

If the dropouts kind of shift randomly it's my best guess that your machine is getting overheated and your video card is not working properly when it's at a high temperature.

Some possible things to help reduce that here:
http://machmachines.com/macbook-pro-retina-overheating-fix-now/

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
changed the meshing angle from 10 to 13 problem solved, any clue :-/

cheers an a happy 3dyear ;-)

t.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7160.8 In reply to 7160.7 
> changed the meshing angle from 10 to 13 problem solved, any clue :-/

My best guess is that's just a coincidence. You may see the artifacts again when your machine is heated up from some more continuous use later on.

If you run into it again you might try some machine cooling methods, that previous link has some ideas.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-8