Selection question

Next
I have a small question. Well, actually two.

1) Sometimes while drawing I end up with two lines on top of each other, one shorter than the other. Eventually I want to delete the smaller line, but it can be very hard to select it, because it always wants to pick the longer one. Is there an easy way to cycle through selections in situations like this? Currently, I've just been zooming in really close and moving the mouse around until the correct one is highlighted, but this can be very hard to do.

2) In Rhino there's a hot key (I think it's Tab) that you can press while drawing a line to freeze the direction. Such a feature would probably help me avoid the situation in 1) in the first place. Is there a way to do that in MoI? Maybe with a script?

Thanks,
Dan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
1 - Just apply color red, green etc when you create something!
So Selection will be very more easy !
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7155.3 In reply to 7155.1 
Another way is to select and hide the longer line, but there could be a problem unhiding, if other items are already hidden.

Switch the longer line to an unused color style, and deselected that color with the "eye" icon in styles...

- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7155.4 In reply to 7155.3 
Several ways. If you want to do it without using the scene browser, window select from right to left over the items, then select on the longer line to deselect it.

If the little underline is smaller enough than the longer one, a regular window selection will only select what is completly in the window, so start from one side and stop the window short of the long line, and the little one under should highhlight.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks, guys! Though any of those will work, BurrMan's method is just what I was looking for (fits my workflow best and seems to be the fastest). Any solution for 2)?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7155.6 In reply to 7155.5 
Hi Dan, MoI does not quite have the exact same type of direction lock as Rhino. But there are a couple of different things you can do.

If you want to force things along an axis line when you're using "straight snap" (called ortho in Rhino), you can force that to be on by holding down the shift key.

Then the other way is if you want to track points along some arbitrary line you can drag out a construction line along the line you want. It is also possible to then restrict the next point to be locked onto that line by holding down for a second on the little launcher tag that shows up after you make a construction line. If you pick "Project next pt" on that little construction line menu that will work similar to tab direction lock.

It's generally intended that the construction line mechanism in MoI replaces all those various different modes and special modifier key combos that are set up in Rhino. I may put in a tab direction lock thing back in though in the future.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7155.7 In reply to 7155.6 
Oh, that is nifty! I didn't know about construction lines until you mentioned them, and then I looked them up in the documentation. I think that will do what I need. Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All