Tudor Rose

Next
I need to know how to create the Tudor Rose that is posted on the image page by Doug.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
7146.2 In reply to 7146.1 
Hi tdub, are you referring to this one here? :
http://moi3d.com/gallery/viewitem.php?id=605

I'm not exactly sure how it was built, but probably some parts of it were done with sweep I'd guess.

To do something similar, draw in a couple of curves in the top view something like this:

Then to give it the 3D curved shape to it, turn on control points of one of the curves using Edit > Show pts, and move several of the control points upwards in the Z axis direction using the Front or 3D views, so that the curve gradually rises upwards in Z like this:

Then draw in a curved profile connecting the ends:

Then select the curved profile, and run Construct > Sweep then select the 2 long pieces as the sweep rails. That will construct a surface like this:

That's similar to the outside piece of the Tudor Rose that you're referring to I think.. Those then look like they were mirrored to get the other half and replicated using Transform > Array > Circular.

I've attached a 3DM file that shows how you might want to have some curves configured to do that type of sweep.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All