Some plugin tool like sketchy physics in the future?

Next
Hi, MOI is a very designer friendly and simple tool just as the name suggests.

Thinking of assembly, the only thing missing in my mind is to be able to simulate moving parts in the same simple way. Wouldn't have to be very elaborate just some simple physics and collisions. I am basically thinking of gear wheals spinning around their axis moving other gear wheals connecting wheels with a coupling rod, just a simple feature to make my models more alive.
Being able to test and simulate designs would be so cool.

I have researched the subject and found a Link on the web pertaining to this simple physics engine. Maybe someone here on the forum may feel inspired to write a plug in for MOI???
I have no brains for scripting or programming or I would do this my self.

Below is a link to these guys from newtondynamics who kind of own the whole concept of the sketchy physics tools.

Anybody out here interested? Can this maybe be made part of MOI?

http://newtondynamics.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7126.2 In reply to 7126.1 
HI DesertRaven, it would be a really cool thing to have in MoI!

But unfortunately it's far from simple to implement such things - even implemented at a basic level there is a whole lot of work involved, much more than what you might think... So I'm sorry but it's not likely to become a built in part of MoI anytime soon unless you find some way to make more than 24 hours to be included in a single day's worth of work of course! ;)

Some more elaborate CAD programs do have those kinds of things in them, but MoI is much more focused on just modeling and drawing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Better for you is export your models in a compatible format (OBJ) inside free one like Unity or Blender ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7126.4 In reply to 7126.2 
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply and explaining the issue. I agree with you to keep focusing on the core modeling tools, I had no Idea how involved my wish would be.

I'm slowly getting the hang of MOI and am discovering what a great tool this is. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into getting MOI to version 3.

For the past 5 years I have been working mostly with Sketchup and AutoCAD, MOI feels like a big step up.

Thanks

Olav
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7126.5 In reply to 7126.3 
Hi Pilou,

Thanks for the reply, I love your tutorial videos and have been making my first steps in NURBS modeling, in MOI, using your tips and tricks.
I am inspired with your work and modeling skills, you seem to be quite the designer. chapeau!
I actually have a Unity Pro licence but was looking for something more mechanical. So far I manage to do simple animations using 3D MAX.

Olav
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7126.6 In reply to 7126.5 
Thx and happy new year! :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All