Matching MoI and Keyshot camera
 1-15  16-22

Previous
Next
One of the problems with importing the nurbs directly, is you cannot take advantage of Keyshot's *rounded edge* rendering-- which is quite a popular feature for many Industrial Designers.

Still, it would be great if there was a documented workflow which allowed for MoI wire overlays. A few of ideas:

1. MoI import Keyshot camera settings (I suspect this would have to be done manually AFAIK Keyshot's bip format is not open).
1a. If this is possible, then MoI could possibly composite the final is the bg image of a viewport was set to the Keyshot image.

2. MoI exports a scene format which correctly matches Keyshots upon import. Compositing would have to be done in a third party program.

3. Keyshot creates a mode which renders the NURB wires on top of existing model. In this case MoI does nothing ;-)

4. A Keyshot plugin would also be good if it would export both NURBS and/or OBJ. I prefer OBJ because of the previously mentioned *rounded edge* renders.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
After loading the .3dm-file you can import the .obj as well. So "Rounding Edges" are no problem.

I did a comparison of a MoI-KeyShot-matched camera setting. Unfortunately I can't translate the settings from one to the other.
I suppose somewhere is a website where you can convert such settings but couldn't find it anymore.
Maybe somebody knows a way to transfer those camera-settings.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7093.18 In reply to 7093.17 
Hi Jay, probably using the "Absolute" method would be your best bet. Did you push the "Select Look at point" button to put in the MoI target point as well?

You might try putting x = 0, y = 1, z = 0 for the up direction, and then the one that may be a bit tricky is matching the field of view.

Moi measures field of view as the angle covered by the innermost square in the view plane, meaning the minimum of either width or height.

Probably KeyShot is measuring it as across the entire image width. So you may need to do a conversion factor of multiplying the MoI field of view value by a scale factor of render image width / height.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,
here is another matched Camera of Keyshot.
I don't really come through. I just wanted to know if it is reconstructable and maybe would work into the other direction. (KeyShot -> MoI)

A the moment for me it's ok to work with:
Making screenshots of the different camera-settings in MoI.
To generate a MoI-camera in KeyShot update the .3dm-file wich has the last camera-settings stored. tx

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7093.20 In reply to 7093.19 
Hi Jay - what does the difference between the 2 views look like? Are they at least centered on the same spot or is that not the case either?

What is your pixel width and height resolution that you are rendering at in KeyShot?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sorry for the delay all the time.

I would say it is centered.
Actually I use in KeyShot a resolution of 2217 x 1364 pixels.

After overlay an proportional transformation you will get this:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7093.22 In reply to 7093.21 
Hi Jay,

> I would say it is centered.
> Actually I use in KeyShot a resolution of 2217 x 1364 pixels.

So for field of view, try multiplying your MoI field of view by 2217 / 1364

So for example if you have a field of view in MoI of 10 and you are rendering at 2217 by 1364, do

(2217 / 1364) x 10 = 16.254

Does that make a better match?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-15  16-22