Generating Outlines and Silhouettes With Make2D?

Next
Hello,

For some reason I completely forgot about the Make2D command within MoI, and am wondering if it is possible to to create the outlines and silhouettes within that command as well with either a different name or color designator? If that was the case I wouldn't have to leave MoI and reimport to clean up curves before moving into another vector program, 99% is finished in MoI. Cleaning up and trimming is so much easier in MoI than in something like AI, and if curve blending needs to be done AI has nothing that comes close. Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7090.2 In reply to 7090.1 
Hi OSTexo, sorry no there isn't any mechanism set up currently in Make2D to generate outlines or silhouettes, it only has visible and hidden lines set up.

The issue with outlines and silhouettes is that they usually overlap right on top of other curves and since MoI does not currently have separate line widths inside of it, it would be difficult to judge what they looked like inside of MoI.

Probably in the future when MoI supports line widths in styles it would then work better to have Make2D be able to generate outlines and silhouettes.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello Michael,

That makes sense, my current workflow consists of doing a PDF export out of MoI with outlines and silhouettes, opening the file and peeling those layers into separate files and doing a reimport of those files into MoI for finishing work. I assign the layers separate colors in MoI to keep things understandable, export out, and reassign line weights in the vector application based upon the colors I've assigned in MoI. I'm sorry for not being too clear in my initial question.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sounds interesting. I just read the MoI reference's description of the Make2D command, but I don't understand how you would use it. Could you please explain it a little?

Thanks!

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) design • animation • artwork • illustration • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7090.5 In reply to 7090.4 
Hi Metin, Make2D generates a hidden line 2D drawing similar to how PDF, AI, and DXF 2D exports work, with the main difference being that Make2D keeps the generated 2D curves right in MoI rather than outputting them to a file.

You can use it if you expect to do further work on the 2D curves inside of MoI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All