Running MoI from Dropbox
All  1-2  3-4

Previous
Next
Hi Chip
It might be a mac thing :) I use windows and its about 80mb
I just dragged a copy of my entire moi3d folder from the program files into my dropbox folder.
I have the ini, my startup template, and V2 and 3 licience in the moi folder (as I use it as my USB portable version also )
At a meeting today with my laptop dropbox synced itself and I could run Moi straight from it .
When I saved a new object with Max's custom UI it updated the drop box and was available in my workstation back at work.

Works brilliantly especially for designs I did at the meeting that I can access from dropbox without having to copy them in.

shayne
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Oh good grief, stay away from Google drive -it'll only make things worse.

I had similar issues with the sheer amount of files in some directories (moi is actually far from the worst, but i was also shocked the first time i saw the count for such an efficient program)

I'm not fond of bashing software or services but Google Drive just cannot compete with Dropbox.
As I (still happily) use Google for every other service i thought it would make sense to consolidate it and move my large pro Dropbox account over. Big mistake.
That was 4 months ago, and as of yesterday I gave up. I miss the stability of Dropbox

Moi is superbly portable on Dropbox - the object library functionality of CustomUI also means assetts are "just there" when needed (saved some embarrassment recently at a client meeting and I'd forgotten two essential products.)

So stick with it.. the file count is only a problem on initial indexing and sync.. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-4