MoI on Mac

Next
Hi guys,

I'm on the verge of making a long-anticipated cross-over from Windows to Mac OS X, and as a complete Mac OS X rookie I'm wondering if I should know anything before trying to install MoI on Mac?

I read something about Wine. Does that maybe require a separately installed library, or are the necessary Wine components installed along with MoI on Mac OS X?

Also: I've downloaded the MoI V3 Mac version along with the Windows version after its release a while ago. Has there maybe been a minor bug-fix update since then, so I should download the latest version before installing on Max OS X?

Muchas gracias!

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) design • animation • artwork • illustration • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7044.2 In reply to 7044.1 
Hi Metin, the Mac version does not normally need anything installed separately, all the stuff it needs is packaged along with it already so you just unzip the app, and put it wherever you want and run it from there. The first time you run it you need to right-click it and choose "open" on the menu that pops up since it is not digitally signed. Then after the first time you just double click on the app to run it.

> Has there maybe been a minor bug-fix update since then, so I should download the
> latest version before installing on Max OS X?

No, the one you downloaded already is the current version, you don't need to download it again.

Make sure though that you did not unzip it on the PC, you need to unzip it on a Mac only so the file permissions all stay intact. If you already unzipped it on your PC previously then do download a new one.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7044.3 In reply to 7044.2 
Thanks a lot Michael!

Can't wait to go for the Mac, but I still need to finish a lot of preparations on my Windows PC first, such as converting hundreds of 3ds Max files to a format that can be imported in Blender 3D. I've worked with 3ds Max for about 14 years before moving to MoI and Blender. 3ds Max isn't available for Mac OS X, and I don't want to fiddle with Boot Camp or Parallels just for 3ds Max.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 7044.4 deleted 22 Nov 2014 by SEVENSHEAVEN

Reply to All Reply to All