Style Preservation on 2D Reimport?

Next
Hello,

I was wondering if there was any way to preserve outline and silhouette designation/style while importing back into MoI from the vector export out of MoI? In some cases I've found it easier to actually reimport the 2D output from MoI to tidy up points, create smooth transitions, etc. that are just not possible without substantial effort in Illustrator or CorelDRAW even with plugins in those packages. Being able to hold the layers consistently would just be an added workflow optimization to an already great feature. Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
7034.2 In reply to 7034.1 
Hi OSTexo, sorry currently there isn't any way for the styles to get imported in PDF or AI file imports.

Part of the problem is that those file formats are not really structured in such a way that the layers themselves actually have the color properties directly associated with them, color is something that's asssocated more with individual objects or really it's actually a color change instruction that is present in some list of vector draw operations. This does not quite map directly to the concept of the color belonging to a layer/style/material type organization entity...

In the future I can probably try to get it to work for cases where all objects on the layer did happen to have the same color but currently it does not attempt to do that.

Getting stuff like this to import is usually more difficult than getting it done for export.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All