screen cap check

Next
Hi Michael or all,
I'm having a problem with the screen capture scripts where it's only catching a porting of my monitor....

Running A 30 inch display the script is chopping out just a portion of the active viewport....

script: /* render view to clipboard */ var v = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( v != null ) { moi.view.lineWidth = 4; v.renderToClipboard( 2560, 2560 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; }

Will someone please check this against me?
Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.2 In reply to 7014.1 
What brand and model display do you have?

What video card?

(I have no clue as to the problem:-)

- Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.3 In reply to 7014.1 
Hi Burr, probably what you're seeing is that script is using a square for the pixel dimensions, that's the ( 2560, 2560 ) part. Probably your regular on screen viewport is not square, it's probably a wide rectangle.

That script is not exactly an on-screen capture, the call the renderToClipboard sets up a kind of in-memory window of the given pixel dimensions and then draws things into that and then puts that on to the system clipboard.

If you modify the script to be something closer in aspect ratio to your regular viewport dimensions it will probably work better for you, try something like (2560, 1920) .

Or maybe instead of generating an image to a specific custom width and height you'd rather do an actual direct screen capture, that would be like this:

script: /* take screenshot and save to file */ var img = moi.view.screenshot( 'viewpanel', false ); var name = img.getSaveFileName(); if ( name != '' ) img.save( name );

The one that takes a custom resolution one was originally meant so that you could generate an image that was larger than your montior, instead of being limited to just directly what you see on screen. But your screen is large enough that you're probably fine doing a direct screenshot.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.4 In reply to 7014.2 
Hey brian,
I just wanted to be sure it was working for others before i chase that.

Does it capture your entire 3d viewport?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.5 In reply to 7014.4 
Hi Burr yeah your script is working here, but it generates a square image, probably your viewport is not square and that's the mismatch.

The other kind of screenshot above should probably work better for you since it will snapshot your actual screen rather than generating a brand new image.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.6 In reply to 7014.3 
Hi michael,
I see. In the past, i thought those were working under the hood and generating custom resolutions, not tied to my monitor. Limited only by my card... i had a few different ones, like up in the 4000 range... i guess i never realized in my tests that it was truncating the result?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
7014.7 In reply to 7014.6 
Hi Burr,

> In the past, i thought those were working under the hood and generating custom resolutions,
> not tied to my monitor. Limited only by my card...

Well yeah that's actually exactly what it is doing - but when you use a custom resolution that is totally separate from your current monitor display it's basically as if you have resized the MoI window temporarily to that particular custom size, so it can easily be a different size image than the current on screen image width and height.

Does that make sense?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
7014.8 In reply to 7014.7 
Yes, thanks. I misunderstood what it was doing originally. I can reset the scripts accordingly....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All