how did you find moi?
 1-20  21-31

Previous
Next
Colin over at the 3dcadjewelry forum kept pushing MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6995.22 In reply to 6995.21 
While trying to get my head around Rhino for jewellery, my friend Ken from 3dcadjewelry told me about a "new" Beta program called MoI.
Jumped onto the Beta & within weeks I'd started to "get it", which in turn helped me to better grasp using Rhino when needed.
Although I'm no longer making jewellery, I'm still on 3dcadjewelry & so help promote MoI to those having trouble with grasping Rhino.
I'm now using MoI for any CAD that's needed when creating my Tattoo Machines.

HTH, Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Moi itou, c'est Pilou
Me too it's Pilou.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sounds like Pilou should be the MoI Ambassador, I picture him in a robe with a jewel encrusted sceptre with a golden MoI light globe on top :)

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
LOL! I hope Pilou reads this, so we can crown him as the MoI king.

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) design • animation • artwork • illustration • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I find it alone !!!! ... not, I think it was Pilou post, but I don't remember where :O)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
And me I have discovered at the very very beginning of Moi from a guy from the regreated (hacked) PushPullBar ( a Sketchup forum)
His name was Sigue2000. Many thanks to him! At 29-08-2006. For me it's him the real discover of Moi!
http://www.pushpullbar.com/forums/forum/technical-department/software-lab/computer-aided-design/4382-moment-of-inspiration
(look the thread - I was the second on the readers of the news! ;)

A after of course i made some publicity on some forum! :)
(First was Zbrush!!! http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?57850-Other-commercial-applications-discussion-thread&highlight=commercial
(funny to see my first try! :)

And after that was the explosion over the 3D planet! :)

EDITED: 3 Nov 2014 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6995.28 In reply to 6995.20 
I was getting into 3D printing and tried just about every 3d package out there under $500. Or so I thought... My search went deeper and I found MoI and after using it a bit I knew it was the one.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi
I was looking for a easy to use 3D program back i 2006 and have used it since, tested all the beta's and now in v3. i have been using it for a lot of different designs- industrial designs, bicycle's, small buildings and also 3D printing - it's perfect :-)
yesterday i even persuade my new empoyer to buy a license since it would be much easyer to fullfill my job as a manufacturing engineer if i had an easy to use 3D program to do all the illustrations and suggestions i come up with.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I was introduced to moi by a dear friend Robert Springford who unfortunately passed away in July 2013. ( 3 packs of cigarettes a day will do that to you )
He was a guru at rhino and dispaired that I could not easily learn it, he suggested I buy moi and I have had the pleasure of using it for 3 years for my jewellery manufacturing business.
V3 with scripts and keyboard shortcuts for everything built up from the forum is a treat to use , thanks Michael for all of your help over the years.
Best addon for ver 3 " the flow command with history enabled" brilliant.
cheers
shayne
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I first downloaded the software demo about 5 years ago, but i was sceptical about the packaging :-)

After struggling like hell to get anything done in lightwave and Modo and liking solid works but too expensive, I had a play and filleted a few weird shapes. BOOM it was very easy to do and didn't crash!!! I was sold, since then I've mentioned it to everyone who cares to listen. I know almost always begin a project in MOI and finish in MODO. They play very nicely together.
Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-31