"Edit Styles" Button
All  1  2-12

Previous
Next
I want to be able to double click the layer name to change its name and colour.
~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.3 In reply to 6975.2 
yes this would be easyer... good idea... :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.4 In reply to 6975.1 
Hi Blackbird,

> Hi Michael,
> is it possible to add a tiny EDIT-button beside the select-button on
> the styles tab on the single styles?

Well, it's kind of been a focus to try and keep the scene browser nice and streamlined and not have it get clogged up with tons of columns of various little widgets.

But I would like to add in some kind of shortcut for editing it, there is already one for editing the color - you can use Ctrl+click on the color swatch of a style to pop right into the color editor which will change that style's color.

Also if you right-click on the style line in the Properties Panel (the info in the upper-right corner of the main window that shows stuff about the current selected object), it will pop into the edit style dialog for that style as well.

> what about renameing "styles" in "Layers"?

I've been hoping to do something a little different than traditional layers since layers have some bad limitations to it. Like for example with a strict layer system it's not so easy to just show one individual object instead of showing everything that's on the same layer as that object. So to avoid some problems like that MoI's object management system works more around the concept of hide/show states belonging to individual objects and the scene browser lets you work on sets of objects in different ways. Since this is slightly different overall than how layers work I didn't want to call them "Layers" in MoI.

> because i can make more then only one of the same color. the behavior is more like a layers Tab.

Sorry I don't quite understand this part.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.5 In reply to 6975.2 
Hi Kevin,

> I want to be able to double click the layer name to change its name and colour.

That could be a good one to do when I'm able to spend some time on the Scene Browser in v4 hopefully...

But I'm kind of biased against double-clicks, they can be somewhat awkward when the single click does something else too. It's possible that a left click there will open up a menu with more stuff on it to do to that layer... We'll see... Maybe a right-click there would fit in a bit easier at that time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.6 In reply to 6975.5 
Hi Michael,

> That could be a good one to do when I'm able
> to spend some time on the Scene Browser in v4 hopefully...

Will you be looking at this one also related to the scene browser? http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4413.11

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.7 In reply to 6975.6 
Hi Danny, I'd kind of forgotten about doing anything about that, but yeah something better to deal with long names would be good to work on as well. I'm kind of generally phobic of tooltips similar to double clicks but it probably does need one like that there... Sometimes those can be rather finicky to set up very well and make sure they dismiss easily and what not so it could end up being quite a bit of work to implement though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
nice answers
edward47
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I use styles constantly, and tend to use a LOT of them. I've no complaints about the thought behind the styles vs layers at all. I do agree it would be nice to be able to change the names directly however (rather than a sub menu and then edit panel).

I also agree that double click method can be a bit hit and miss.

However - would you consider adding CTRL-Click to the style Name field in the same way as you have with the color field to edit color ?

:)Rico
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6975.10 In reply to 6975.9 
Hi Rico, yeah ctrl+click on the name sounds like a good way to do it. It will be a while before I'll be able to work on any of these kinds of tune-ups though, it will have to wait until the v4 beta period is underway. That will be a while since it's usually better to do some larger structural changes during this in-between time.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
You see, you say things like "Beta 4 Period" and we're happy to forgive anything. :)
(I'm tinkerbell clapping at the thought)

Outstanding Michael, thank you.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6975.12 In reply to 6975.11 
Hi Rico, except don't get too excited quite yet - I was trying to say it will be a while before the v4 betas start up because this time in between major releases tends to be the best time to do major tearing apart and renovation work and that can take a while to do...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-12