We need the cut planes
All  1-7  8-11

Previous
Next
6966.8 In reply to 6966.7 
Hi Max, ok I think I understand properly now, thanks for the additional details. But there will defintely be quite a lot of work involved in making that happen.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Putting it simple, cut planes are for:
- showing the client what's "inside" the model without having to hide important elements.
- having a complete understanding of how our model works (and if it works).
- allowing the user to clip the model and make those kind of adjustments that either would be very difficult, or would involve a continuous hiding\showing of many objects which puts a lot of stress to the user.
- a more accurate and smart modeling.

Yes, maybe it involves some work, but we're talking about a software that is changing the way of modeling and concepting things, and for that purpose this feature is so missing at the moment that it feels frustrating sometimes.

Regards,
Max.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6966.10 In reply to 6966.9 
Hi Max, I don't doubt that they will be useful - but things that involve quite a bit of work tend to be inherently difficult for me to schedule since I have extremely limited development time to spend... That makes it difficult for me to try and make any promises about exactly when any particular feature will actually get finished.

Things that are interconnected involving changes to more than one existing engine piece (like both the display engine and the hidden line removal one as this feature would require) can have a pretty high difficulty level, so that's just something I want to be clear about.

But it's great to hear feature requests here, and the more different people that tend to ask for the same type of features definitely has an impact on the priority of what I try to focus on.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6966.11 In reply to 6966.10 
Sorry Michael, I understand and I'm not trying to put any pressure here, so it could be one step at a time.
One step could be trying and implement the cut on the display engine first, that sounds like the easiest part.
As for the hidden line engine I guess it's not crucial at the moment as we can use other software to get the drawings we need, I can live with that for longer.

Thank you,
Max.

EDITED: 7 Oct 2014 by WASTZZZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-11