how can i remove unwanted trimed objects?

Next
Hi,
how can i remove unwanted trimed objects and restore the original surface?

i cut out the FrontWindow and like to remove the trim on the backside of the car. i canot delet the lines(untrim)
can i use extruded curves as a "local" timobject. a trim that do not go throu evereything?
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6952.2 In reply to 6952.1 
Hi BlackBird, you can remove trims by selecting all the edges that make up a trim boundary and then push Delete.

There's some information on "untrim" here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=444.4

And there's more detailed information on this kind of repair process in the object repair tutorial here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=446.17

If you still need help with this particular model can you please post the 3DM model file so I can take a look at it? It usually helps a lot if you can post your model file along with your question instead of only screenshots.

> can i use extruded curves as a "local" timobject. a trim that do not go throu evereything?

Yes, you can extrude curves into a solid or surface and then use that solid or surface as a cutting object rather than using the curves as the cutting object.

But also when you're in the Trim command and using a curve as the cutting object, in the last stage of the trim command if you pick pieces to discard and only pick pieces to discard on one side of an object, it will only cut that one side and not the back part.

Another way to limit cuts in Trim is to make a face sub-object selection before running the Trim command, that will limit the cuts to only those selected faces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All