V4 Wish List
 1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  …  561-574

Previous
Next
6925.161 In reply to 6925.160 
Hi glmr, I don't remember Rhino having any feature like that, it must be relatively new. Can you describe it a bit more?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.162 In reply to 6925.161 
Hi Michael.

I think glmr is referring to BoxEdit command of Rhino V5.

Look at this video : http://take.ms/ddgch

See you.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.163 In reply to 6925.162 
Hi Marco, you can do the sizing part of Rhino's BoxEdit command in MoI by clicking on the size line in the properties panel, it will show an "Edit size" menu like this:

@glmr - if you can describe in more detail what you need for positioning, it's pretty likely I could make a plug-in for you to do it.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.164 In reply to 6925.163 
Hi Michael.

@Michael "Hi Marco, you can do the sizing part of Rhino's BoxEdit command in MoI by clicking on the size line in the properties panel, it will show an "Edit size" menu like this:"

I already knew that editing feature of Moi but thanks anyway for the reminder.

I told you about Rhino's BoxEdit command only because it has some additional features that Moi's Edit Size doesn't have.

But IMHO are negligible things.

See you.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.165 In reply to 6925.164 
I'm just talking about BoxEdit-like possibility to change also XYZ position of an object. It would be good to change also rotation, but positioning in BoxEdit style is much more important.
Now I can edit XYZposition but every time I should type all new coordinates. It is not comfortable if I need to change just one of them.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi,

One suggestion but also curios if it's already possible somehow or there is some script out there.

Option to directly select faces, edges or points and move/rotate/scale them. Something like this > http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/move-face_direct.gif

I know currently you can move things a bit by showing the points together with using ShrinkTrimmedSrf and to some degree, kind of, using Extrude....but all of those are a more like a workaround rather then actual solution, if you know what i mean.

The Fusion360 example posted above seems to work exactly like with polygon where you can select the face and then move/rotate/scale it. Do you thing something similar is already possible in Moi3D, if not then maybe for Moi3D v4?

Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.167 In reply to 6925.165 
Hi glmr, I've attached a plug-in which will give you separate X, Y, Z input fields for changing the bounding box center position, like this:

Hopefully that will help with what you are describing. There are instructions for installing a plug-in here.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.168 In reply to 6925.166 
Hi klaudio, that's something that I would like to add but it's a lot more difficult than what it looks.

> The Fusion360 example posted above seems to work exactly like with polygon where you can
> select the face and then move/rotate/scale it.

It's actually different than with polygons - when you do that in a polygon modeler and rotate the points, the points stay in the same planar shape and the "side walls" of the shape will no longer be vertical after the rotation. The "CAD solid modeling" way is different than that, it rotates the face, then extends the face and extends the "side walls" and intersects those extended pieces with each other so the side walls stay vertical. The points that were rotated are then no longer in the same planar shape as the original, it's elongated by whatever amount is necessary for it to run into the side walls.

This particular kind of extension mechanism is not all that robust in the geometry library that MoI currently uses, one of the things I hope to gain by using a different library would be better handling of these types of operations.

Because it involves a lot of difficult calculations for general cases other than boxes, it's not really something that's feasible to do in a script.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.169 In reply to 6925.167 
The plug-in works perfect! That's what I needed, thanks Michael!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael and good morning.

How are you ? I hope fine.

Just a simple question that no one ever asked you :) :) (I joke...)

What about the very first beta V4 version ? When it will be published ?

Have a nice day.

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.171 In reply to 6925.170 
Hi Marco, I'm sorry but I still don't know exactly when yet. Getting pretty close though, I've got a short list of some various things and then still one major area for the viewport display engine left to do. When I'm down to only the viewport display left I'll make an announcement about the status.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.172 In reply to 6925.171 
Cool. Eagerly looking forward to have a go at V4 on MacOS!

— Metin

———————

metinseven.com — 3D (print) models • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.173 In reply to 6925.171 
Thank you very much Michael for this new very interesting news :)

I guess that you have worked hard to build a TRUE Mac Os version and this is a very good thing
both in terms of a market choice and of a technical point of view.

Just a questions about that...

From the point of view of the commercial license, what about that two versions ?
That is, are them distinct or if I have a Windows license I can also install Moi on a Mac ?

Anyway, I wish you a very good work for the new viewport display engine and...I stay tuned.

See you!

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.174 In reply to 6925.173 
Hi Metin & Marco, yes the new native compiled mac version fixes a lot of little glitches from the Wineskin one. It should be a lot better foundation going forward since the Wineskin one tends to break fairly easily with new OS releases.

re:
> From the point of view of the commercial license, what about that two versions ?
> That is, are them distinct or if I have a Windows license I can also install Moi on a Mac ?

It will be the same as the current Windows and Mac versions which is that the licenses are cross platform, you can use the same MoI license on either Windows or Mac or both. So for example if you have a Windows desktop machine and a Mac laptop you can install the same license on both of these machines just as long as you have it actively launched and running on one of those installs at a time. You would only need an additional license for another machine if you want to have someone else running it there the same time as you on your other machine.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.175 In reply to 6925.174 
Hi Michael!

@You : "...you can use the same MoI license on either Windows or Mac or both...You would only need an additional license for another machine if you want to have someone else running it there the same time as you on your other machine."

Perfect! This is a very good thing to know :)

See you.

- Marco (mkdm)

- Marco (mkdm)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello Michael,
Is it already possible to say when v4 will be released?

Best
-Maciek
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.177 In reply to 6925.176 
Hi Maciek,

re:
> Is it already possible to say when v4 will be released?

Sorry I don't have a specific date yet. The first beta release isn't too far off though. If you're asking about the final v4 release, that is a ways further off it will be in beta release for a while before the final one will be ready.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.178 In reply to 6925.177 
OK, thank you!
I need to wait then.
I just don't want to buy v3 just before v4. One more question.Will be possible to buy beta with free upgrade to final?
Or it will be just possible to buy the final version?

Best
-Maciek
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.179 In reply to 6925.178 
You can use the free infinite Alternate trial version V3 (No expiration but save disabled) for training! :)
http://moi3d.com/download.htm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6925.180 In reply to 6925.179 
Thank you! This is what I will do :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  101-120  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-240  …  561-574