How about a real history stack?

Next
Hi Michael!

I was curious if there'd ever be a time when MOI could have more of a Softimage-like history stack?

If you haven't seen how it works, it basically sets up a stack of evaluations as you work on your object. You can then go back to any of the operators you've done previously and make changes and it propagates through the evaluation. You can also mute or delete operators from anywhere in the stack (though sometimes that causes problems - especially when the point order changes).

Of course if you add more and more operators it eventually slows things down, so you have to freeze your model, erasing the history stack.

Also, if you prefer to not have the history stack, Softimage has an "immediate" mode, which freezes things as you work.

There are times in MOI I wish I could go back and tweak something I did without having to undo my work, and a history stack would make that possible.

Thanks!

Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6918.2 In reply to 6918.1 
Hi Paul, it is something that I want to work on in the future. It is a complex area of work though, since it will involve saving a potentially very large amount of data. So it will take a significant development effort to do it. It is something that's on my list to dig in to in the future though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All