scripts and functions

Next
Sorry me for the question....maybe it's obvious for you...but watching threads on forum i'm seeing that some of you has different moi's interface with some more buttons/functions.
Scripts allows new functions, right?
How do they work? sorry me for the question but i consider myself a newbie with moi and i'd love to learn more than possible on this lovely program :) ...i'm watching the manual too but i'm not understanding very well the script sections...
For example I would love to have some more “parametric” function (I’m a cad user…so..i’m a junkie of distance etc etc :D) like distance between objects by a click etc etc…
And another important thing…I saw the “history” command…does it works for everything? I tried to give a watch to it but I’m not understanding very well…. You know..usually at work I use solidworks and it has the “functions tree” were all operations/command are recorded for each object…there is something similar on Moi?
Sometimes on Moi if I forgot something is difficult to edit some command if I did another command after that…this function would be of help

P.S
I'm using a V3 beta release right now...

My English sucks I know…and it’s frustrating for me to try to explain my “problem” :D….forgive me for my basic language.

Anyway...Moi Rulez! :)
--------

Arian DESIGN

--------

www.arianshamil.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6915.2 In reply to 6915.1 
it's just that users use some special plugins!
Aespecially this one : Custom UI by Max Smirnov!
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.1
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6915.3 In reply to 6915.1 
Hi Arian, scripts can be written for various purposes like automating a certain specific repetitive task and also it's possible to rearrange the UI, see the link that Pilou has above for one UI change package.

There's a little bit of info about scripting here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting

and there's a collection of scripts that have been written here:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/

But scripting is used generally to slightly customize some existing workflow. Things that you're mentioning here like parametrics or history are deeply complex mechanisms that need to be addressed more in the core part of MoI, those are not really things that are feasible to be implemented very easily by scripting alone.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6915.4 In reply to 6915.1 
Hi Arian,

> And another important thing…I saw the “history” command…does it works for everything?

It's mainly for tweaking the results of a surfacing command such as loft, sweep, or revolve by editing the input curves after you've just finished constructing the surface.

It does work with various commands but in order for it to work all the original input objects that went into constructing the result need to be present in the current model. If you do something like a boolean operation, the object in its pre-booleaned state is no longer in the current model geometry and so things like that will break the history chain currently.

> I tried to give a watch to it but I’m not understanding very well…. You know..usually at
> work I use solidworks and it has the “functions tree” were all operations/command are
> recorded for each object…there is something similar on Moi?

No, there isn't anything like that currently in MoI. It is something that I want to add in the future but currently if you need that type of functionality you would need to use one of those parametric solid modelers like Solidworks, Solid Edge, Pro/E, etc...

MoI is currently more focused on the initial drawing and construction of objects and not so much yet on editing things afterwards.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6915.5 In reply to 6915.1 

EDITED: 17 Sep 2014 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6915.6 In reply to 6915.2 
@ Pilou: Thank you very much for the link & infos :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6915.7 In reply to 6915.4 
@ Michael
Thanks for the link and for all the explanations :)
I understand your point! :)

For the function tree i'll wait when you'll add it to Moi!

Thanks for all
ARi
--------

Arian DESIGN

--------

www.arianshamil.com
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print