Lofting Hull and Fuselage
 1-2  3-22  23-42  43-44

Previous
Next
6887.43 In reply to 6887.42 
Hi Elrick, there are a few different ways you can do a "non-uniform" scale with different scale factors for X, Y, and Z.

The easiest is to click on the size line in the properties panel here:

That will bring down an "Edit size" panel where you'll be able to enter in new values for the bounding box size:

By default it will scale uniformly but if you uncheck the "Maintain proportions" checkbox that will then allow you to change x y z independent from each other for a nonuniform scale:

Another way is to go to the Top/Front/Right 2D views and use the edit frame to do a one directional scale, some info on that here:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#editframe
That's when you grab the sizing handle and drag it vertically or horizontally, you will see a tracking line and when that's active you'll be doing a one directional scale. Repeat that in other directions.

The other way is to use the Transform > Scale > Scale1D command, which allows you to scale things in one direction. You can use this repeatedly on all of the X Y and Z directions to do a non uniform scale in all those directions.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6887.44 In reply to 6887.43 
Thanks Michael! Quite some options! I tried your first method mentioned. Quite funny how you can shrink this whole body down to just n few millimeters. Something not quite sound this way. I'll make sure before I post.

Will try the other methods tomorrow! This is totally what I was looking for!

Much appreciated,

Elrick
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-42  43-44