Face extrusion

Next
Hi Michael,
With regard to the new extrusion of faces, in this file, extruding the planar face, without "keep separate", give no preview of the extrusion. You have to actually select the distance for the extrusion to appear.

Surely it has something to do with the new "auto Boolean", but I'm not sure if it supposed to behave this way....

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6880.2 In reply to 6880.1 
Hi Burr, it looks like it will give a preview but only if you keep the mouse still for a second or so. The boolean calculation is taking about that long to finish and if you keep moving the mouse around that current calculation gets interrupted and a new one gets going, then that one gets interrupted, etc...

I'm not really sure why the boolean is kind of sluggish with that particular model.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6880.3 In reply to 6880.2 
Well, sure enough... I thought I waited for along time. I guess modeling in MoI, a 3 second wait seems like an eternity...

My bad...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I get that with extruding curves sometimes and I did put it down to calculation time.

@ Burr, they say you become more patient with age, however like you 3 seconds is a long time for me too, I guess they're talking about when you're really old :)

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6880.5 In reply to 6880.4 
Rotf.....