a possible feature request

Next
Michael,

Being geared towards building from sheet material one the most interesting feature from my point of view is the abiltity to being able to split up (to a configurable resolution, either longitudinally or vertically) and unroll, unfold or flatten out surfaces created. However I am not sure this feature should belong to MoI if the intent is to keep it simple. Also implenting this kind of a function might possibly involve a little too much or too complex or time consuming programming??

What your opinion on this?

All the best,

Boatstalker
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
688.2 In reply to 688.1 
Hi Boatstalker - yes, I'm afraid that's probably not something that I'm going to be able to focus on for quite a long time. It's just kind of outside of the scope of what I plan on doing for MoI in the near future.

Eventually when MoI supports third party plug-ins, that would probably open up the door for someone else adding this type of functionality in. But it is going to be a while before I can even get to enabling third party plugins.

I myself just don't have a lot of background in that type of unrolling processes. I could learn how to do it, but it would take quite a bit of time to do a good job.

You're probably already familiar with other software that does these types of calculations...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
688.3 In reply to 688.2 
Michael,

You are right. This doesn´t have much to do with 3D modeling and is such an advanced or specialized function it should be sold as a 3rd party plugin thing. By the way, my instinct tells me somewhere some creative people are already preparing themselves to develop all kinds of plug-ins for MoI :-)

All the best,

Boatstalker
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All