Rebuild crashes

Next
Hi Michael,

The Rebuild command has crashed a few times over here in the latest beta. Try this:

1: Create one or more standard circle curves and select them.
2: Use the Rebuild command.
3: Change the mode to endpoints.

I assume the crash occurs because closed circle curves don't have an endpoint. I hope it's reproducable, and not a quirk in my local installation.

On a side note: The DistortCurves script also crashes when I switch on the Rebuild command in there.

All the best,

Metin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6867.2 In reply to 6867.1 
Hi Metin, yes I can reproduce that over here - it's not a regular crash but actually what's called an "assert" which is a kind of warning message that something isn't going as expected. Unlike a regular crash there is an "Ignore" button which you can push to just dismiss it and then you should be able to continue on normally.

I can probably fix it up to avoid it from happening in the v3 final release to just do nothing instead of assert. The "endpoints" mode is not meant to work on something like a circle, it's meant to work on a polyline.

Thanks for reporting it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6867.3 In reply to 6867.2 
Thanks Michael.

Sorry for naming the assert a crash. I'll differentiate between them from now on.

I accidentally selected the Endpoints mode a few times while trying the different Rebuild modes for circle curves. Solving the assert will make MoI more foolproof for absent-minded people like me. ㋡

I just tried the Rebuild option in the DistortCurve script again, and this time it worked fine, so that must have been a specific situation, maybe a wrong selection.

Thanks,

Metin

EDITED: 20 Aug 2014 by SEVENSHEAVEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All