Repair trim through line

Next
Hi,

I need to restore a hole that was trimmed through the visible line in a revolved solid (is there a name for the visible line in a solid?)...

The trim was also present on the other side, where no line crossed the trim. That side could be repaired by erasing the surface and then the surrounding edges, but the trim through the line exists of two edges that can not be merged and not be deleted in order to remove the hole.

I tried blending the two edge halves to repair the hole, but that isn't the same as really restoring it by removing the trim.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Metin

EDITED: 13 Aug 2014 by SEVENSHEAVEN

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6854.2 In reply to 6854.1 
Hi Metin,

Usually in that situation where the seam intersects the trimmed hole you also select the seam along with the hole edges and hit Delete if that fails it would be better to post the .3dm file so we could have a closer look.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6854.3 In reply to 6854.2 
Hi Danny,

Many thanks, that worked! MoI and its community rule!

All the best,

Metin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6854.4 In reply to 6854.3 
Yeah in a case like that the full boundary for the hole also includes the seam curve, and "untrim" only works when an entire boundary is selected.

In the future I want to make it more intelligent about being able to remove just a part of the boundary to make your initial case work too though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6854.5 In reply to 6854.4 
Thanks Michael,

It would be nice if restoring a hole across the seam would work like restoring a hole that's not across the seam, but now that I know the solution I'm a satisfied man again. ㋡

The more I work with MoI, the more I fall in love with it. I have to be careful or my wife will become jealous of how much I praise MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All