MoI export file for KeyShot Closed
 1-12  13-32  33-52  53-54

Previous
Next
6812.53 In reply to 6812.48 
One last comment to hopefully end this thread.

Max, you wrote above:

quote:

I request that those images marked-up images by Michael Spencer-Ford be taken down from this forum page immediately, as I consider it vandalization of my original artwork. My work is owned exclusively by me, and I have never granted permission to anyone on this site to add their artwork [red ink] to my art/designs.

I'm sorry but it's not really a very reasonable request.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use :

quote:

fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship.

It's very clear that Martin was marking up the images strictly as a means of communicating his commentary, absolutely not as any type of vandalism.

This type of use of copyrighted images for means of commentary does not require any special permission from the original author, that's a standard part of copyright law.

I'm sorry that you are upset by this. For the record I think your renderings look very nice and I'd usually recommend the workflow that you posted about originally (save to OBJ for export to Keyshot rather than using a CAD file format), one other reason for that is that you will get sub-object materials (like different materials on different faces of a single solid) to work correctly with .obj export while it won't with a CAD file export.

- Michael
  More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6812.54 In reply to 6812.50 
Thank you Pilou

- Brian