G2 Continuity Tools?

Next
Hello,

Are there any continuity increases planned for some of the Network, Nsided, etc. tools in MoI? It would be nice to specify G2 transitions to get smooth transitions between surfaces.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6769.2 In reply to 6769.1 
Hi OSTexo, I don't expect to have any more work done for that in V3 but it is an area that I'd like to work on at some point in the future.

Currently the main tools for getting continuous surfaces in MoI are the Fillet and Blend commands.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6769.3 In reply to 6769.2 
Hi Michael, occasionally found this thread about G2 continuity and think this is the right one for a couple of questions,

1) Is it possible for someone to write "external" addons a la VSR Shape modeling for RH ?

2) If yes, now that the VSR is Autodesk property, do you think they could do it for MOI ?
(considering that T-Splines was born for Maya first, and extended to Rhino second and Solidworks third and now to Fusion360...)

I love Moi.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6769.4 In reply to 6769.3 
Hi boja,

> 1) Is it possible for someone to write "external" addons a la VSR
> Shape modeling for RH ?

It's possible to create script add-ons for MoI, but MoI does not have the same kind of low level SDK that Rhino has, so it's not really possible to do that kind of highly detailed plugin currently.

> 2) If yes, now that the VSR is Autodesk property, do you think they could do it for MOI ?

I don't know - but it seems kind of unlikely that they would do something new for a non-Autodesk platform.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All