How to do this is MOI???
All  1-6  7-10

Previous
Next
6764.7 In reply to 6764.5 
I want to mention that I'm using the trial version of MOI. Looks like it's version 2 and seems to have several bugs with it. Waiting for version 3 to come out before I purchase MOI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6764.8 In reply to 6764.7 
Michael,

Thanks for the info. I am modeling the leg as a separate item. The leg model will be exported as a STL file into Aspire to generate tool paths for my CNC. The top can be model in Aspire very easily. The issue is making the "Maloof" joints between the top and legs. Those joints need to fit together like a hand in a glove. I have no doubt MOI can do what I need. The issues is my lack of experience with the program. I downloaded the 90 day trial of Rhino and found that program is simply way to complex to learn in a reasonable amount of time.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6764.9 In reply to 6764.8 
Hi Bob, do any of the above comments and examples help get you pointed in the right direction?

> I am modeling the leg as a separate item.

As I described above, I would not recommend doing it that particular way if you want to have the leg blended to the table body by using filleting. It would probably be better to model it as a larger all connected object initially (see my example 3DM file above), fillet that, and then once you have the filleting done how you want it, cut the leg off from the main object using a boolean operation as a last step.

If you try to build the leg as a separate piece right from the beginning it will be difficult for it to get filleted, because you will end up with a lot of little fragmented pieces which are not good for filleting.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6764.10 In reply to 6764.9 
I'm going to try you suggestions today. I will post the results later on this weekend.
Thanks for your help.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-10