Have you more simple?
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
674.4 In reply to 674.3 
I think actually when the object gets more complex, it is probably a better idea to do the rebuild method more often rather than try to boolean union new parts on.

With boolean union, there is the risk that you will get additional edges inserted around the new pieces you are trying to attach. The geometry library that MoI uses does some extra work to try and combine planar faces together when you do booleans. This is why your method works well in this case. But sometimes that automatic combining may not work and I don't think it will happen for non-planar surfaces either.

With the reconstruction method you're always guaranteed to get a simple clean result at the end, without extra edges being introduced into the middle of the object.

The reconstruction method is often times faster than you would think, once you get used to the techniques for it. But it takes a while to get comfortable with the techniques though.

- Michael

EDITED: 27 Oct 2023 by ZOOEN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
674.5 In reply to 674.4 
Sure
in the previous case funny is the fact that was only the inflate faces who are wished and the object was very simple:)
Deconstructivism the next time :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5