trim Error
All  1  2-5

Previous
Next
6732.2 In reply to 6732.1 
Hi Matt,

Those artefacts during a trim or Boolean usually mean that there is a tiny gap or not quiet intersecting surface or curve being used for the trim or Boolean.
In your case it's the long extruded surface going through the fuselage;

If you zoom up to the area indicated

You'll see there is a tiny gap, if you close this gap the trim will work as expected.

Tip: When you created the curve used for that particular extruded piece when you highlight it the information (circled)
will tell you if the curve is an open or closed curve when it's an open curve it will show as 'Curve'

When it's a closed curve, where in this case is what you want, it will show it as 'Closed crv'

Cheers
~Danny~
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Danny

Your advice was perfect. As a future dev I would see a facility that could highlight the open parts of a curve - even with you showing me where the gap was it took some finding!

Cheers

Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6732.4 In reply to 6732.3 
Hi Matt,

There are scripts already available to find gaps, as I said I knew that trim 'artefact' means that something had a gap so I used the Select Naked Edges script http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SelectNaked

There's also a command Michael cooked up to mark the end of a curve with a point if it shows that the curve is not closed and you can't see the gap http://moi3d.com/forum/display.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2888.11

~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6732.5 In reply to 6732.4 
Thanks!!
  Reply Reply More Options