Fillet enhancements
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
6730.2 In reply to 6730.1 
Hi niko, I don't have any firm plans right now, is there any one specific thing about spaceclaim's method that you're looking for?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6730.3 In reply to 6730.2 
Well the fact that it is able to handle the most complex, craziest fillets is a big one IMO.
Also there's no need to have a plan/sequence in approaching a multi edge fillet or do the all at once.
The pull tool(fillet tool)in SC is completely interactive which reduces steps/clicks and makes the previous statement possible.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6730.4 In reply to 6730.3 
Hi niko, well that's quite a lot of stuff... In the future I do want to experiment with trying to use the same geometry library that Spaceclaim uses to do better filleting, but it can be pretty difficult to mix together different engines so it's hard to say in advance whether that will work out very well or not. I'm also not sure if I'd need to increase the cost of MoI in order to afford licensing the library too.

But right now I don't have any specific fixed plans for that so if you need to have fillets like Spaceclaim can do right now, I'd recommend using Spaceclaim.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4