Loft Tangency.

Next
Greetings to all.

I'd like to make a loft that is tangent to some existing surfaces, but I see this particular tool doesn't work off surface edges. Is there any way to do it that is pretty straightforward?

Thanks for any help.

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6726.2 In reply to 6726.1 
Hi Martin, you could try using Blend instead, that's the main thing that focuses on generating a surface that's tangent to existing ones.

Maybe if you could show an example of what you're trying to build it would help to give better advice.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6726.3 In reply to 6726.2 
Thanks for replying, Michael.

I think blend will give me a good result for the job in hand, but I was looking for a way to move, resize or reshape the lofted curves and have the shape update whilst remaining tangent to a previously made surface without having to undo and redo the blend.

I sometimes need to adjust things like this when I reverse engineer old components for moulds that I make.

Martin.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6726.4 In reply to 6726.3 
Hi Martin,

> but I was looking for a way to move, resize or reshape the lofted curves and have the shape update
> whilst remaining tangent to a previously made surface without having to undo and redo the blend.

Well it is possible to have blend update by the history mechanism... If you do something that changes the surface on either side of the blend, the blend will recalculate itself without you needing to undo and redo it separately. That's usually only if you do your edits right after the blend has been created before doing any other trimming, boolean, or joining operation on the objects though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All