Moi.ini from XP to 7

Next
Good Morning, all...

Over time I have modified my moi.ini file in Windows XP. Is it safe to replace the installed default .ini file in Windows 7 with the XP moi.ini? I have a fair number of shortcuts to recover from my XP ini file. Is there anything unique in the Windows 7 ini file that would be altered by the XP version? Sorry if this has been asked before, but could not find reference in the FAQ. Regards
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6720.2 In reply to 6720.1 
Hi Bob,

> Is it safe to replace the installed default .ini file in Windows 7 with the XP moi.ini?

Yup, you can just copy your old one over and overwrite the default one.

> Is there anything unique in the Windows 7 ini file that would be altered by the XP version?

Nope, there's nothing in the .ini file that's specific to the particular Windows version.

The only thing is that the file is actually stored in a slightly different location on Win7 versus XP since the "AppData" folder in Win7 is different. The locations are:

On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini

On Windows 7:
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Moi\moi.ini

But yes you can just copy your previous moi.ini file over top of the new one no problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6720.3 In reply to 6720.2 
Thanks, Michael...I was hoping that I could move my XP version into my Windows 7 version. It saves me from retyping some of the scripts I'd picked up along the way. Regards
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All