Zoom hotkey?

Next
Michael:
Would it be possible to expose some properties to attach hotkeys to for zoom and pan functions in the next beta or for V1?
Thanks for the current beta, played with it for a little while this morning and it looks good so far!

Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
672.2 In reply to 672.1 
Hi Paul - you have rotate for the 3d view set up with keys, right?

It is a little harder to figure out what to do with zoom and pan, since MoI doesn't exactly have the concept of an "active viewport". So it isn't quite clear how to control which viewport your keys would manipulate when you are in the split view. That's kind of the sticky part of this.

I'll see if I can think of something though - adding the properties to control one specific view should be pretty easy...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
672.3 In reply to 672.2 
Michael:
Okay, I see what you're saying. I guess my personal preference as far as setting it up, would be to test for whichever viewport the mouse is in when a hotkey is pressed to access those functions, and then apply the zoom or pan only to that particular viewport, and if the mouse isn't in a viewport nothing would happen.
That way a person can zoom or pan 1 viewport, but still retain an overall view from the other ports. Does that make sense? Anyway, that's my 2 cents.... :)

Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
672.4 In reply to 672.1 
Hi Paul, I have set some scripting stuff up for the next beta that will now allow for zooming and panning by shortcut keys.

The way this version works is it will do it on the viewport the mouse is currently over. If the mouse is not currently over a viewport, it will use the one that last had a click in it, or if there is just one single viewport maximized it will use that one.

Here are the scripts for it (again, this won't work until the _next_ beta):

Key Command

Ctrl+LeftArrow script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Pan( -1, 0 );
Ctrl+RightArrow script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Pan( 1, 0 );
Ctrl+UpArrow script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Pan( 0, 1 );
Ctrl+DownArrow script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Pan( 0, -1 );
PageUp script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Zoom( 0.9 );
PageDown script:moi.ui.getActiveViewport().Zoom( 1.1 );

That will set up Ctrl+arrow key for panning, and PageUp/PageDown for zooming in or out.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
672.5 In reply to 672.4 
Michael,
Most excellent! Thanks for the effort- that's just what I was hoping for, especially the zoom.
Now I'll be able to combine the zoom with my little grid spacing script,which should make that really useful (to me, at least). The other nav keys are great too, since I've got a few other cad programs set up to use the arrow keys for navigation - makes it much easier switching between apps. Thanks again, for 3d modeling MoI is well on it's way to being the app of choice for what I do -

Paul
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All