Parasolid Support?

Next
Hello,

Is there any chance MoI would support Parasolid import/export in the future? Thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6705.2 In reply to 6705.1 
Hi OSTexo,

> Is there any chance MoI would support Parasolid import/export in the future? Thanks.

Sorry, no it's not likely to happen anytime soon since it's not really finished up in the HarmonyWare translator library that MoI uses, and it's a pretty complex thing to try and deal with directly.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello,

Thanks for letting me know. I figured it would be plugin dependent, it's used a fair amount in analysis packages and it takes 1/100 of the time to model and import from MoI than recreating work in some pacakges. Rhino works fine as the step to XT format.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6705.4 In reply to 6705.3 
Hi OSTexo, do you mean those analysis programs only import .x_t and not STEP themselves?

Does Rhino have both Parasolid import and export as well, or is it an export only?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hello Michael,

Correct, XT, not STEP, I think the analysis software uses that Parasolid kernel natively. Rhino has Parasolid export only. I'm still saving a bunch of time using MoI even with the extra step of going to Rhino to be able to export to Parasolid. MoI is just so incredibly fast and easy for simulation, it closes the gap between designer and analyst worlds.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6705.6 In reply to 6705.5 
Hi OSTexo,

Usually analysis program's convert imported data into a usable mesh before analysis for example I use an analysis program that imports parasolid and STL. So maybe check your program see if it will accept mesh data also.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hello,

Yes, it imports a variety of files, 2D, 3D and meshes. I like the ability to trim the models within MoI so I can get some specific size controls on the face edges before sending it to the mesher and onto the solver. Having a tool like MoI makes those operations a matter of a few seconds. While making my way through some of this analysis documentation it struck me how many of these analysis case models can be quickly drawn up in MoI in an intuitive fashion with little to no rework in the modeling area of the software, with the added advantage of precise edge and face selection based from model rather than elements from the created mesh.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All