converts a subdivision surface into a NURBS object

Next
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That looks like a really good enhancement to formz.

While the sub'd tools are nothing special the utility to convert them to nurbs surfaces for further Boolean operations is really cool. Pity the video didn't demo it on a complicated mesh.
Also having the ability to work with both meshes and nurbs surfaces all in the one application speeds things up a lot and takes out some of the complexities of transferring data from one app to another and learning two pieces of software.

One thing put off buying formz when it was recently on a special price was that you can't loft to a point. It has about zillion ways to loft and create shapes but can't do this one simple thing.
~Kevin~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6687.3 In reply to 6687.2 
Actually, FormZ has been able to convert polys to nurbs for many years. When it was introduced, I think around 2005 or 2006, they were calling it the reengineer tool. Unfortunately, it has been very limited in the # of polys it could handle, even more limited than T-Splines or Power Subd Nurbs. Perhaps this has been improved in v8.

Lofting to a point may not be possible, at least it was not in the version I have, there but there are other functions in FormZ that can handle this. The "Convergence" and "Skin" functions will generate geometry ending at a point.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All