What can history do for me?
All  1  2-5

Previous
Next
6681.2 In reply to 6681.1 
Hi Ralf, history in MoI is primarily used for tweaking and tuning the shape of a surface such as a loft or revolve, just after you have constructed the surface.

As you noticed, certain kinds of editing operations such as booleans will currently break the history link. In the future I want to make a deeper history mechanism which will function through more operations rather than having it possibly be interrupted, but there is a lot of work involved in doing that. I don't expect for that to happen for v3 which is right in the final stages of wrapping up now, but I'd like to do it for some future release.

For now in MoI if you want to make a hole smaller you need to remove the hole and then do a new boolean. One way for removing holes is to do an "untrim", see here for more info on that:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=444.4

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=446.17

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6681.3 In reply to 6681.2 
Hi Michael,

On this note it reminded me if offset could be enhanced so if you have a hole in a solid and want it smaller or larger you apply an offset and the surrounding surfaces will 'heal' themselves and keep the solid structure, is this possible?

~Danny~

EDITED: 8 May 2014 by DANTAS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6681.4 In reply to 6681.3 
Hi Danny,

> On this note it reminded me if offset could be enhanced so if you have a hole in a
> solid and want it smaller or larger you apply an offset and the surrounding surfaces
> will 'heal' themselves and keep the solid structure, is this possible?

That is something I'm hoping to work on during v4 - there is some functionality for that in the geometry library that MOI uses but it needs some tuning up for how it handles the extensions of trimming boundaries, it's not quite all that reliable in its current state.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6681.5 In reply to 6681.4 
Hi Michael,

That's good to know there's functionality in the geometry library for it.
Until V4 then. Thanks.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-5