"Tilt" in viewport?

Next
I am probably just missing this, but is there a way to get the 3D view to "Tilt" (with the mouse) besides going into the View option dialog and resetting it to zero?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6680.2 In reply to 6680.1 
Hi Ron,

> I am probably just missing this, but is there a way to get the 3D view to "Tilt" (with the mouse)
> besides going into the View option dialog and resetting it to zero?

There is no built in modifier key for tilting with the mouse (you can tilt with multi-touch instead of the mouse), but you can set one up on a keyboard shortcut by putting in this as the command part of the shortcut key:

script: /* click and drag mouse to spin view */ moi.view.spinInteractive();

Then after you trigger the shortcut key, click the mouse down and while still holding down drag the mouse around in a circle around the initial down point. The initial point will be the center of tilt and it will tilt with the mouse as you drag around it.

It's also possible to set up a keyboard shortcut to just zero out the tilt on a keypress, see here for that:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6125.7

The "tilt with mouse" method above also works on the Top/Front/Right viewports as well. If you use it on one of those you will probably want to also set up the "reset to 0" shortcut as well since there isn't any way in the regular UI to set the tilt on those, since the field in the UI only applies to the 3D viewport.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks, Michael. I'll have a look.
Ron
  Reply Reply More Options