Enumerate object names
All  1-4  5-6

Previous
Next
6648.5 In reply to 6648.4 
I implemented the script as a command and came to post here to complain that it wouldn't undo, but you have beaten me to it :)

Copying all of the geometry by a clone is a very heavyweight operation for a simple re-name. Is it possible to add the name field to your undo system?

edit: how does the current system work when I click on the top left name field and type in a new name? I can undo that operation, is this also a completely clone of all geometry that is being renamed?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6648.6 In reply to 6648.5 
Hi andrew,

> edit: how does the current system work when I click on the top left name field and type
> in a new name? I can undo that operation, is this also a completely clone of all geometry
> that is being renamed?

I had to look it up, I had forgotten about this.

When you use the regular UI to edit the name it does set up a special undo unit that just contains object state (including name, style assignment, hidden and locked states), and just the geometry's ID number as a reference to it, rather than storing a clone of the actual geometry.

But currently the creation of these particular undo units is baked in to some specific functions like the property panel's name edit function (which includes showing the dialog as part of it), there isn't any way to trigger it by itself from script right now.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6