Automated step export script to fixed file name

Next
Hey guys,
I usually bounce around software quite a bit don't trust those auto send scripts in any software, so I was wondering if someone can point me to an example script on how to export from moi to a fixed named file with a hotkey, for example, hit button and it would save selected object to a desktop as "test.stp".

And import that file with another hotkey.

I looked around here but there is no solid documentation on scripting :) Found Obj exporting one but couldn't figure out how to modify it to save as step.

Thank you
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6645.2 In reply to 6645.1 
Hi lapaev, a step export will be really the exact same thing as the one for OBJ export, just instead of having a filename that ends with .obj have one that end with .stp .

The exporter will determine which file format to use based on what file extension is on the file name given to it.

So for example if you want to make a shortcut key that will write a STEP file of a fixed filename to c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\test.stp , you would put the following on a shortcut key:

SaveAs c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\test.stp

If you want to open that same fixed file with a shortcut key, put in:

Open c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\test.stp

If you want to import that file with a shortcut key (meaning add the file to the current existing model data rather than replacing it entirely like with Open), do this:

Import c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\test.stp

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All