Footwear

Next
Hi Michael:

Thank you for your attention and I congratulate you again for your work, I have several questions:

1. - when there will be a new beta or commercial version?
2. - did you place some manual of MOI?
3. - I send some works made in MOI for alone footwear it is question of applying some parameters of other programs
4. - to include conical extrude

Best regards

Juan Galvan
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
664.2 In reply to 664.1 
Hi Juan!

> 1. - when there will be a new beta or commercial version?

There should be a new beta release very soon, within the next couple of days. I think there will be just one more beta after it before the full release.

> 2. - did you place some manual of MOI?

Not yet, I will be working on this after the software itself is complete.

> 3. - I send some works made in MOI for alone footwear it is question
> of applying some parameters of other programs

These look great, thanks for showing those! I'm not sure if I understand properly though - do you also have a question about moving these into other programs?

> 4. - to include conical extrude

Right now I was planning on including this for version 2.0. But here is a method that you can use to get the same result for the current version. Say you want to do a conical type extrude of this shape:

Draw a vertical line:

Select your base shape, and then run Construct / Sweep. Select the vertical line as the single rail. this will generate a cube shape, but go to the sweep options in the upper-right corner of the screen, and change the option for "Ends" to "Pointy end". That will make the sweep collapse to a point as it moves towards the end of the rail path, which should give you the same result as a conical extrusion:

Hope that helps!

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
664.3 In reply to 664.2 
Hi Michael

Thanks for their attention:

Very good tip for conical extrude, and I explain it excuses for my English it is very short
My opinion is that MOI gives same results that other software that cost more money

Will plug-ins be included for rendered, machinist (CAM), 3d print, print?

Best regards

Juan Galvan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
664.4 In reply to 664.3 
Hi Juan,

> Will plug-ins be included for rendered, machinist (CAM), 3d print, print?

None of these will be included for version 1.0, but I would like to enable more in all of these areas in future versions.

For version 1.0 it is necessary to export your data to a different program to do any of these functions. But MoI does support several export formats that should work with other programs, for example use STL, IGES or 3dm to bring data over to a CAM program, or OBJ format to bring data into a rendering program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
664.5 In reply to 664.2 
> 4. - to include conical extrude

Right now I was planning on including this for version 2.0. But here is a method that you can use to get the same result for the current version. Say you want to do a conical type extrude of this shape:

Like I posted in the new feature section ... a taper and a bend function that uses curves as rails would be better
that function could be used on curves as well ....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All