Join versus Merge
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
Thanks a lot guys. I thought Join could also reunite edge parts, so I was confused.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6631.5 In reply to 6631.4 
Hi Metin, I've had some ideas about maybe combining those commands together so that maybe after you do a join it would ask if you wanted to merge together segmented pieces or keep the segmentation but I haven't quite figured out how to work out the UI for that yet.

Currently Join does not reunite edge pieces, when you run join on edges it just takes the edges as curves and generates a new joined curve result.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6631.6 In reply to 6631.5 
Thanks for the info Michael. I think combining the Join and Merge commands would be convenient, and less confusing for novice users (like me), but I don't know if the others agree.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6631.7 In reply to 6631.6 
Hi Metin, the tricky part about combining them is that it will involve making at least one extra stage in the command, meaning there will be at least one more action required to do the same as its current job... So there can be some negative things that happen with combining things as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6631.8 In reply to 6631.7 
Good point. Well, now that I know the difference, I can easily live with the current implementation.

———————

sevensheaven.nl — 3D (print) modeling • animation • characters • icons • illustration • infographics • logos • visualization

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8