Beginner!!! HEEELP!!!!!!
 1-4  5-24  25

Previous
663.25 In reply to 663.24 
Hi Isaac - yes I think Inventor 2008 and Blender both use OpenGL which has a software-only mode.

But it will be pretty slow, you probably won't be able to do very detailed models with software-only rendering, that's why I didn't really focus on that for MoI. MoI uses Direct3D which does not have a software-only mode.

> Is there going to be any software 3d support in Moi in the future?

I haven't really planned on it so far. You can get a good graphics card for around $30 that will be many times faster than software rendering... Here is a recent post with some advice for upgrading older computers to work well: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=735.3

The one that I mentioned there is an AGP card - if you need a PCI one your options are more limited, but a quick browse of newegg.com shows several decent cards around $40 or so... If you got one of the GeForce4 or Radeon 9250 ones, those would work pretty well if they are compatible with your computer.

> Btw I do know some one who has a Rage 3D pro PCI slot card (old one) for me, Will this do the trick?

No, not really - MoI will run with it but it is terribly slow. That card is about 9 or 10 years old which is extremely ancient by 3D video hardware standards. You need something more around only 5 years old to run MoI well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-4  5-24  25