Beginner!!! HEEELP!!!!!!
 1-18  19-25

Previous
Next
663.19 In reply to 663.18 
Hi Michael
When you say "projection"
Is it just the "window view" top, back etc
or it's also a real "projection" to a plan of curves who can be inclined in the 3D space?
So "deformated" as projected in result on the plan
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
663.20 In reply to 663.19 
Hi Pilou - one of the choices is to use the 3D view, which will do a projection to the 3D viewport's view plane which can be inclined in different directions.

With this option, the resulting 2D curves in the AI file will have the same appearance as what you see in the 3D view.

Is that what you mean?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I want to mean that :)
I drew an inclined circle in 3Dview
What is the AI file: Circle or ellipse?
---
Pilou
My Gallery
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
663.22 In reply to 663.21 
Hi Pilou,

> What is the AI file: Circle or ellipse?

In the case that you show there, with a slanted circle (not aligned to any world axis), you would get an ellipse in the AI file except in the one special case where you had the 3D view looking right straight down on the circle and you set the Projection view option to "3D".

The curves in the AI file will look the same as the curves that you see on the screen in the viewport. So if you have a circle which appears from a view as an ellipse, when you export to AI you will get the ellipse curve.

If you want to export circles instead of ellipses, then you would draw them in the top view and set Projection view = "Top".

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
663.23 In reply to 663.22 
Thx for the explantion& precision: it was not evident :)
---
Pilou
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
663.24 In reply to 663.23 
Hey mMichael remeber me? Isaac.

I haven't been playing whit Moi cus i was waiting for a pc i would get from my office. But now that i have it i sill can't find my moment of inspiration cus the onboeard vodeo card does not suport direct 3D. I't a P-lll. So i would say that the onboeard Vid card would atleast have the power to take on Moi.

Surprisingly my pc can workl whit Inventor 2008! and Blender 3d (maybe cus they have softwarematic 3d support).

So my cuestion is. Isn't there any way to get Moi working on my PC? Is there going to be any software 3d support in Moi in the future?

Btw I do know some one who has a Rage 3D pro PCI slot card (old one) for me, Will this do the trick?

Greets,

Static Isaac,
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
663.25 In reply to 663.24 
Hi Isaac - yes I think Inventor 2008 and Blender both use OpenGL which has a software-only mode.

But it will be pretty slow, you probably won't be able to do very detailed models with software-only rendering, that's why I didn't really focus on that for MoI. MoI uses Direct3D which does not have a software-only mode.

> Is there going to be any software 3d support in Moi in the future?

I haven't really planned on it so far. You can get a good graphics card for around $30 that will be many times faster than software rendering... Here is a recent post with some advice for upgrading older computers to work well: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=735.3

The one that I mentioned there is an AGP card - if you need a PCI one your options are more limited, but a quick browse of newegg.com shows several decent cards around $40 or so... If you got one of the GeForce4 or Radeon 9250 ones, those would work pretty well if they are compatible with your computer.

> Btw I do know some one who has a Rage 3D pro PCI slot card (old one) for me, Will this do the trick?

No, not really - MoI will run with it but it is terribly slow. That card is about 9 or 10 years old which is extremely ancient by 3D video hardware standards. You need something more around only 5 years old to run MoI well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-18  19-25