cplane copy-paste
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
6626.2 In reply to 6626.1 
Hi Ditto,

> But when copying the lines to Rhino v4, the cplane doesn't come along. Is
> there a way to copy the cplane over as well?

In Rhino the CPlane is associated with viewports, and when doing copy/paste Rhino will only try to bring over geometry and not any view information so I don't think that there is any way you would bring a cplane into Rhino through pasting.

But you should be able to transfer the cplane I think if you do a full save out from MoI to 3DM format and then use File > Open in Rhino to bring it in, rather than using copy/paste.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6626.3 In reply to 6626.2 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, save-open works fine. Not as fast as I am used to (I actually go a lot back and forth between Rhino and MoI), but that's fine.

I this example, I created a cube, duplicated the edges, threw away the cube, rotated in 3d, adjusted cplane using the script and then project to cplane. Now I have the lines flat on the cplane, and that I can export the DXF for laser engraving.

But the script I have found only gets me close to that, none of the other viewports are identical to the 3d. Any tip?

Thanks a bunch,
Ditto

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6626.4 In reply to 6626.3 
Hi Ditto,

> But the script I have found only gets me close to that, none of the other
> viewports are identical to the 3d. Any tip?

I'm not sure I understand properly, but do you mean you want to get a 2D result that has perspective in it like you see in the 3D viewport there?

If so you can't use the Project to the cplane to do that - projection on to a plane is a different kind of projection than a perspective projection.

But you can use the DXF output itself to generate that - instead of doing a project to cplane, save a DXF file and in the DXF output set the Projection view option to be "Projection view = 3D", then it will use the same projection you are seeing in the 3D view currently to generate the flattened output to the DXF file.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4