Sweep Help
All  1-2  3-4

Previous
Next
6606.3 In reply to 6606.2 
Thanks Michael. Indeed I think I did use Shell before, thats the nudge I needed. As a feature request (and I don't know if the 3DM file format supports this), I'd love to be able to attach comments to an object (be it curve, solid, et al). Perhaps this is scriptable but I don't know if script's methods get called when objects are written out/read in.

In comments I could document the construction of my primitives or at least describe more about its use or even requirements for, in my case printing.

Scott
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
6606.4 In reply to 6606.3 
Hi Scott,

> As a feature request (and I don't know if the 3DM file format supports this), I'd love to be able to
> attach comments to an object (be it curve, solid, et al).

It's possible in the 3DM format to attach custom "user data" to objects, which will just be skipped by other readers that don't understand it.

But unfortunately that's only one small portion of what's involved in implementing something like this - maintaining the comments through different operations on objects and in particular planning and setting up the UI for such things can involve quite a bit of work.

> Perhaps this is scriptable but I don't know if script's methods get called when objects are written out/read in.

Right now there isn't any way set up for that to be scriptable.

One thing that might work for you currently though is to assign some sort of ID tag to a particular object as the object name, and then in a separate document written in a word processor or text editor, keep a paragraph of comments associated with that ID tag.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-4