Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6594.4 In reply to 6594.3 
wow, thanks for the links.

I just have to figure how to run scripts in MoI. As I said, very newbie use of it :).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6594.5 In reply to 6594.4 
Generally load the files
Unzip if necessary
put them inside the folder's Moi commands
Call them by press Tab then write directly name of them (withoutspace)
or make a shortcut : any keys combinaison in the column1, name of them (withoutspace) column 2
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
There are a lot of papers on "bidirectional texture functions."

- Brian

As far as I know, MoI does not do textures yet?

This one talks about a Blender plugin:
http://library.utia.cas.cz/separaty/2012/RO/hatka-btf%20rendering%20in%20blender.pdf

EDITED: 1 Apr 2014 by BEMFARMER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6594.7 In reply to 6594.1 
Hi D-Kaf, the base technology that MoI is based off of is more oriented towards making broad smooth surfaces, it's not really very well suited for the kind of irregular organic details like you're describing.

Those kinds of things tend to be better suited for either polygon mesh based programs such as Modo, Cinema4D, Maya, etc... or also displacement brush based programs like 3D Coat or ZBrush.

There aren't a lot of tools for doing what you're describing mostly because MoI is just not really suited for doing that kind of thing. You can use MoI in combination with one of those other programs if you want though, for example build a smooth cobblestone section in MoI and then bring it into 3D coat and then do some editing of it in there to add roughness and irregularity.

If you just want to randomly scale cubes, that's possible in MoI by a plugin, in addition to what was described above, here is one that can do a random move or scale of a set of boxes:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5416.5

But that won't really do a "degrade" type effect like you're asking about, if you want the boxes to have chunks eroded away and have a sort of weatherbeaten effect that's the type of thing that you would want to do in a different program that was more oriented around organic modeling. You might try 3D-Coat for that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6594.8 In reply to 6594.7 
To be honest I use MoI because :
1. The Interface is very, very ergonomic (Rhino & Blender did frighten me for this)
2. The license is way more affordable that several tools I tried before (I'm just a guy who likes to model and not a student anymore :)).
3. It can export to .stl files so I use if for 3D printing :).

Even if it's not the most fit tool for this task, I prefer to try with it, even if like you said Michael it's not very . Well it's at the moment, If I find some time I shall learn how to use other tools. And first browse the forum to find some way to make textures and rendering on MoI models ^^.

I'll try the plugins all of you linked to, and try it the hard way.

Michael > everybody says it here, but you did a great job on MoI :).
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
6594.9 In reply to 6594.8 
Thanks D-Kaf, I'm really glad that you like MoI!

One of the easier to use organic sculpting tools is Sculptris: http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ it would probably be a good starting point for you for a separate organic tool, it's also free.

It's just a lot easier to do organic type shapes in a program that's more primarily designed for that type of work.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi D-Kaf,

You could also try using Zsurf4 to give a surface that's usable within MoI.
Do a search of this Forum for a more detailed discussion on using it.

HTH, Colin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
This is 100% SketchUp believe it or not. The basic version is free. The image is attached to a tutorial that goes through the entire process.

http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorials/sketchup-and-advanced-modeling/the-river-runs-through-it/

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
6594.12 In reply to 6594.11 
Just so you know, as soon as I clicked on the link you provided my malware detector went off and stopped an exploit Blackhat SEO type 1720. That exploit is:

"An exploit is a program or technique that takes advantage of a vulnerability in a web-browser, software application or operating system to remotely attack your computer. When surfing to a website with browser exploits, the may result in unwanted software (see also Trojan Horse) being downloaded to your computer. These type of threats invade a PC with the help of infected links, websites and email attachments among others."

That exploit, from what I am seeing on the web, seems to be one that comes about from someone injecting malicious code into Wordpress, but there are probably other causes or maybe a false alarm.

That said, I would not still not go to that website anymore.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-12